Forum: Fractals

Subject: Comments - one more time

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 02, 2004 ยท 38 posts

Deagol posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 9:35 AM

Simon, excellent point. Everyone, Like all threads, this one is starting to repeat itself. I just want to sum up my thoughts. I hope that it is clear that the purpose of a good comment is to lift, not to tear down. A good comment can benefit everyone. On the other hand, a string of nothing but "I love this image" can be a disservice to the person receiving it. I base this conclusion on personal experience. I was one of the top dogs in the best and most galleries before I deleted all of my images. I really do have some experience with this. Maybe my experience is unique. Maybe there is not anything there for anyone else to learn from. If so, so be it. After taking my 40 comment images out of this "choir" that I have been preaching to and presenting them to the general public, I found out where they stood. They didn't stand at all, for the most part. I want to see this place being used to its fullest potential. We could learn so much from each other, but only if we can be honest and real, and if we are willing to put a little effort into a comment by saying something specific one way or the other. We should not be unkind or rude, but we should be honest and helpful. If we choose to get feedback we should be willing to receive it. If we click on the comments box when we upload an image, we should be willing to get comments, whatever they might be. Otherwise turn the comments off.