Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SR4 - Depth Map Shadow

Curious_Labs opened this issue on Mar 03, 2004 ยท 40 posts

ynsaen posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 6:18 PM

"Yes poser 4 didn`t have many bugs and nothing major, ..." Come again? lol Crosstalk is a bug in P4 that was used successfully to create a whole new group of features. It was fixed in P5, and lots of folks whine about that. P4 crashes when it can't find a file that was referenced poorly by the package maker or was moved by the user to a new location. I agree -- P5 was buggy in it's first release, and both P4 and P5 are pretty cool apps, and P6 needs to be stable, durable, and well thought out. But I remember the release of P4. And ProPack, as well. Both required service packs, and the people who bought them were just as wicked abut P4 as they are about P5 now. But to say P4 wasn't that buggy? lol. Maybe on a comparative level... Special situations typical means hardware, software, ans sysem settings that are unusual in combination. THis happens actually a whole heck of a lot more often than folks realize for the most part, and usually affects a very, very small percentage of users. With drivers, hardware, software, and so forth all interacting across several differenet platforms, the fact that things work at all is still pretty incredible when you consider that some hardware vendors out there still refuse to use the API's or to submit their drivers through the god awful slow WHQL process for windows.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)