Forum: Fractals

Subject: Comments - one more time

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 02, 2004 ยท 38 posts

etomchek posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 8:28 PM

:) I like constructive criticism. I have posted several images, both with teragen and poser, that I received wonderful criticism on, and the reposts were much better. I think one of the main reasons to post, other than to just say "look what I can do!" (oh, I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, I'm sure~ but this is a mentality held by five-year-olds) is to learn from our own work and everyone else's. So lets grow up a little, and learn to accept criticism. On the other hand, can we trust that the people leaving the criticism aren't just grumpy and taking it out on our work? I know I fould feel better if more people started doing it, and it wasn't just the same old "grumpy" grin people, who make it seem like leaving criticism is meaningless because "they are just like that" or "they are just unhappy with their own work and art in geneeral" or a thousand other excuses people have for themselves when they receive criticism. Does this make any sense? I'm coming off of the Nyquil I took this morning, so this whole method of reasoning might seem a little blurry~ you have to trust that it makes sense to me. Personally, I'm just afraid of offending people (not that you could tell it by this post...) which makes me probably the biggest hypocrite in the world (at least I admit it!) so I'm gonna shut up now and go back to bed. Goodnight, and good luck! ~Elizabeth