Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Taxes and Poser bought items out of state....UGH!!!!!!

MachineClaw opened this issue on Mar 04, 2004 ยท 29 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Fri, 05 March 2004 at 4:02 AM

Phew it sounds complicated. And here I was, thinking that the US was ONE country. Seems like it's almost more diverted than Europe G

Puntomaus, like Germany, Denmark has a sales tax - at 25% no less, which is included in the price you see on the goods but in some cases tourists can avoid it by signing some papers that it's for export (Like we danes do when we buy beer and soda in cans in Germany to avoid the pfand GG)

I am not sure about internet purchases here. I THINK you should ideally tell the (danish equivalent of) the IRS that you bought something. I must admit that I tend to forget that. I WAS chaged a toll for a book I bought on Amazon though, made the book almost double in price :o( (Bloodsongs book even) but so far I've never been charged for stuff I've bought on e-bay. crosses fingers

PS: To the 25% sales tax you should add that we pay around 45%-60% of our income in income taxes, before we even get our wages... But then we also do get a lot for our money, in all fairness. Free schools/colleges/universities and hospitals among others...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.