Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poserstyle

Marque opened this issue on Feb 27, 2004 ยท 30 posts

sting posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 2:29 PM

Hey gang.

So that I don't miss important discussions like this one, I will set up a forum over at PoserStyle (there are a few there already) where you guys can post this stuff there. Had it not been for a helpful email from someone who saw this, some of these issues would have been missed.

I am very much aware of Marque's issues with PoserStyle, and yes the site has been plagued with technical issues over the past year. I will say publicly that there was no rude intent meant in the post (http://www.poserstyle.com/ftopicp-595.html#595) that said the artist would get to it when their day jobs permit. It was merely a factual statement, as all of us at that time were busy with our day jobs. I apologize if it sounded rude in any way.

Back to the technical issues, I thought the hack in December would be the last major glitch, but the DNS issue popped up last week and shocked everyone.

As for the emails - 1800 emails went out the very day it was down. And guess what - 1800 emails bounced back the very minute it came back up. By the time it was realized, the site was back up.

The really hard part for me (being a Poser outsider and more of a php-Nuke person) is hearing all of the comments about how bad PoserStyle appears to be. I have only been with the site since around November or so and the two artists have put out an average of one product per week since I have been there. The span between releases has often caused confusion as to why it seems to be more than a week between them, but I started a month ago posting the releases by week in a summary so all could see.

From the limited amount of Poser I have seen, the quality at PoserStyle is amazing.

As for the site itself - ANYONE who has had problems getting to the content due to techncial problems can contact me for an extention on their subscription. Its that easy. I will answer as quickly as possible, but yes, I do have a day job and on top of that several sites that I maintain. If you email me or post it on the board, I will see it eventually.

My favorite 'technical glitch' of late (and one where people become irate at me because the site 'doesn't work' for them) is not even a site issue. Microsoft Internet Explorer has had some major problems with various cookie and/or password related sites since the last IE update and people think I am ignoring them by not fixing it for them.

For the amount of money that is paid for a subscription and renewal, it could be argued that PoserStyle is not a business, as some have suggested, but rather a hobby put together by a 'starving artist' who loves what he does and wants to share it with anyone who is interested.

Keep in mind all of the above may or may not reflect the opinions of the site owner and the other artist. I just work here..

Until then, I will keep plugging away at it - and if anyone needs anything, please don't hesitate to contact me there.

Regards,
-sting