Forum: Community Center

Subject: Re: Explain it to us Edgenet!! (part 2)

twoblade opened this issue on Sep 19, 2000 ยท 21 posts

tonylynch posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 8:34 AM

It is a shame, but not wholly unexpected. Artists are people too, and some will hold a grudge for ages just waiting for the day when they can get their digs in when it hurts the most (or when they perceive it will). I am relatively new to Renderosity, so I can't really say which side is right or wrong in this. I don't plan to pull up stakes just yet. I will keep posting my mats and models for people to make use of, and when Jack and Ed's new site opens I will most likely join there too and continue to share the items I create. To Jack and Ed, thank you, the community you created here is wonderful. I'm sorry to see that you're leaving and wish you the best of luck in any new endeavours. To the new moderators, best of luck. I know you won't have an easy job at times. Just remember some advice that was given to me a long time ago when I first started doing a similar job on another site, smile from the wrists down, even when dealing folks that insist on acting like animals. The old adage is true that you'll catch more flys with honey than with vinegar. To Tim at Edgenet, please respond to Twoblade's orignal message, it is something that we, the members of this community, need to know. What is going to happen to Renderosity? I don't want to know all the gory details about who did what to whom, I would just like to know there'll be a place we can go to. To the folks that are leaving. You are doing what is best for you and your ideals, and I respect you for that. Just don't despise those of us that are staying, because we choose to stay. Some of us, like myself, are new and weren't involved in the earlier incidents and really don't have a side to take on the issue. Best of luck to you and keep turning out great artwork. To everyone else, let's stop all this petty bickering and backbiting. It is senseless and useless and does nothing but create bad feelings. Instead, let's focus those energies in to what we do best, our artwork. I guess I'll stop rambling now and go back to lurking. Tony