Forum: Community Center

Subject: Question about ToS violations and bannings

spinner opened this issue on Mar 05, 2004 ยท 87 posts

dialyn posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 8:18 AM

Well, they do track cloned accounts so unless the person is jumping from computer network to computer network, they are probably being tracked more closely than you think. The fact is that there is very little permanently deleted from this site. Deleted messages are still there. And so is the history of members, I suspect. If the record is there, it seems to me that it is quite reasonable to put a time limit .... good grief, even people who have committed major crimes are permitted to become citizens again after they have served their time. I know that the administrators and moderators have had a hard time with members who push and push and push the limits of the rules for no good reason than they think they are proving a point and usually the point is that they want things all their own way and they believe no one else should have any rights in the matter. That only results in people cemented into taking sides and the flame wars break out. I would not put spinner in this category as regards this request, by the way. And there are members who can't resist chasing down other members until they shove them off the forums and galleries. Why members get pleasure from such activity is beyond me, but then I don't understand hackers and virus creators either. But there should be some allowance (parole, if you will) for members who just got pushed so far that they felt as if they had to push back. I've been there. So have a lot of us. To be banned because one felt harrassed or because they stood on a principle important to them seems a sad thing...especially if one has tried to change their behavior (I just refuse to read messages from certain individuals and that's lowered my blood pressure considerably), cool down the rhetoric. Perhaps some official statement will come out in the next day or two. I hope that the administrators are discussing in their board room today.