Forum: Community Center

Subject: Question about ToS violations and bannings

spinner opened this issue on Mar 05, 2004 ยท 87 posts

elizabyte posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 7:44 PM

After X amount of time, a warning should be expired. This happens with traffic violations, just as an example. In some states, if you go long enough without a violation, it's permanently removed from your record, with no trace of it ever having existed. I've also heard of systems where a violation is automatically expired after X amount of time unless you get another within a certain time from the first one, in which case the previous violation stays longer, and if you get enough violations accumulated, you lose your license. I suspect that this sort of "expiring vilation" system is what people have been suggesting. It's a means by which people can "clear their record" with good behavior and in which repeated bad behavior is only tolerated for just so long... I fair to see how this would be in any way unfair. If anything, it's fairer than the current "once warned, always warned" system. Still, I've been waiting to hear from any admin on this matter. Surely SOMEONE is listening... ? bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis