Forum: Fractals

Subject: Comments - one more time

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 02, 2004 ยท 38 posts

DreamWarrior posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 3:11 PM

I'll tell you my experience. I do have a fragile ego, maybe because I'm a bit too insecure or something, so I thought critiques would hurt. But instead, when I got them, they not only didn't hurt me, but they helped me immensely to improve my work. Maybe I won't rework that particular piece, but I'll have more things in mind when creating a new one. Myabe my self confidence grew up a little, so I can take them and use them for the better.
I guess it is a matter of how the critiques are intended (at least for me). If I feel the intention is good, then I really appreciate them and take them into account. If I feel they are wrote just for the sake of it, then I'll feel more "defensive" and maybe nothing good can "enter" my mind.
I also have to confess that many times I was about to write a constructive critic, and didn't, because I was afraid to hurt that person's feelings. I think this has to do with the fact that I don't really know people very well around here, so I won't know what reactions I can cause. Maybe that happens to others too.
This is interesting: I found that now that you "asked" for critiques, some people started to give them just because they saw others doing it. I have the feeling not everybody was sure about what they were saying, just had to find something to point out because others have done so.
Like I always say, we tend to be s (or sheep, if you prefer). :-)
No offense intended to anyone in any way. I might fall under that too, I'm not sure. :-)
Excuse my English, as it isn't my mother language.

Cheers
Barbara

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts