Forum: Community Center

Subject: Question about ToS violations and bannings

spinner opened this issue on Mar 05, 2004 ยท 87 posts

Crescent posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 5:50 PM

I agree that most of the time the warnings should reset. I hope that people will understand the idea behind it and not start a round of favoritism accusations: Why did spinner get this? Why couldn't I have gotten it x days/months/years ago? That said, I think that the admins and mods should be prepared to look at other cases if people bring up their banning due to individual TOS violations over a long stretch of time and make decisions on a case-by-case basis.

Again, if they do decide to impliment this, please allow for admin and mod discretion. There is that .001% that continually hover at the border of TOS violation - unjustly provoking others while staying just inside the TOS and causing a lot of nastiness. It might take several months, or even a year or so, for them to slip up badly enough to rack up the 3 violations for banning, even if privately everyone was hoping they'd be TOSsed out much sooner. For perpetual troublemakers, I think the resets should be not be automatic.

Just my 2 cents - which is probably only worth 1.5 as I'm brain dead right now and can't write my way into a paper bag, let alone out of one. ;-)

Cres - who has seen both sides of this issue up close. :)