Forum: Community Center

Subject: TOS update

tammymc opened this issue on Mar 01, 2004 ยท 134 posts

kbennett posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 6:09 AM

Tricky one, but I'll answer as best I can. If an image is brought to our attention (either by a concerned member or by one of the team) as possibly being in violation of the 'underage' part of the TOS the sort of things we look at are: Does your first glance at the image tell you it's a youngster or an adult. Head size in proportion to body, what age does the face look, overall frame of body, width of hips, length of legs, size/shape of breasts, hairyness in the pubic region (yes, I have heard of razors;)), shape of hands. Basically we try to look at the image as both a whole and as elements, but if something stands out as being 'wrong' (to give an example: if you just took the milgirl mesh and gave her huge boobs and said 'look, she can't be under 18, she has big boobs') then it might sway the decision. I ought to add that it's almost always a group decision on the removal of images. If it's clear-cut then an image will just be removed, but if there's even the smallest doubt it goes before the whole team for discussion, at the end of which we usually reach a concensus on whether the image is okay or not. Given that the co-ord/mod/admin team here is geographically and culturally quite diverse we reckon that we usually come to the right conclusion (but then I would say that, wouldn't I ;) ) Not a perfect answer I'm afraid, but the best I can come up with. Kev.