Forum: Fractals

Subject: Comments - one more time

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 02, 2004 ยท 38 posts

fractalinda posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 1:18 AM

DejaVu, yes? Hmm.. Seems that it wasn't THAT long ago this same discussion ensued in this very forum. I admit I like having my ego stroked; in fact, it's one of the reasons I left R'osity..last time..thought it was becoming a real problem. Now, when it comes to giving comments, I know I get carried away at times, despite my efforts to "cool it"..but- hey, whaddaya want?! I'm Italian (the Irish is by marriege)- a lover of life and art..and all things beautiful. Perhaps I should change my personality- take some cool pills or something. Yes, I agree that it would be good to constructively criticize..and find the right words to describe what I see rather than what I'm feeling when I view an image..but the images that move me don't require a critique, in my opinion. For whatever reason they thrill me, and I don't believe I need to know about art..or the politically correct terms for critiquing..to be able to pen (or type) the expression of my feelings of excitement when I see a piece of art or read a poem that sends me into orbit. Well, Keith, you know you are one of my favorite favorites, but I'll never be an art critic. I just know what I like..AND, most of the time, I can find at least one element of a composition I like. I will try to drop the "masterpiece crap"..though, IMO, there are pieces that have been hung here that deserve such a handle. Season's Greetings, Linda