Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poser is a valid tool rant {please dont read if you are sick of such rants}

DarkElegance opened this issue on Mar 10, 2004 ยท 59 posts

DarkElegance posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 12:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=594689&Start=1&Artist=Elfquest&ByArtist=Yes

OH DEAR LORD..sorry I am reposting because when I posted the first time it went on forever to the right and we had that nasty scroll bar at the bottom>.There's nothing wrong with using stock characters in a pinch, but imagine if LOTR's Gollum was done with a poser figure. Suddenly, there would be tons of movies using some form of him in their scenes too, and then that cheapens the original because the likelyhood that it would be represented uniquely each time is slim.< There is a FANTASTIC frodo in the poser gallery ...done..with...VICKI!! I mean dead on!! That shows that yes poser figures can be made to look very unique. I also use poser professionally and oddly enough a client has never done the "did you use poser?" thing. any tool can be used baddly. that is with out question. but poser like any other proggy at ANY price is merely a tool for the person behind it. I fully agree with the lights in poser..good lighting is hard to do and great lighting is even harder to do. BUT..again...there is where you can tweek it out in either paint proggies or in another proggy. I mean could you do an oil painting without other things involved? linseed oil to thin a paint...gesso to prime the canvas? a variety of painting tools? no..you couldnt. it is the same thing with this. Bonni, I know some filters have been used to death and are a cliche of ps world usually the lensflare gets that "look" but often filters are used and not a word is uttered. I guess it is just if some could ever accept that there is more available to them then just what is in their sphere. I know there are proggies that are high end and all that wonderful stuff. but it is rediculouse to slam a tool merely because it is not $$$$.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.