Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poser is a valid tool rant {please dont read if you are sick of such rants}

DarkElegance opened this issue on Mar 10, 2004 ยท 59 posts

zandar posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 5:21 AM

"you have to know painting , lighting, composition, anatomy{to fix joint folds and such} It is not click click work at all." I agree completely, but that's my main "problem" with Poser is that you really do need to postwork 90% of what is rendered. I work mainly in animation, so doing that is out of the question usually. Again, this is why I'm hoping for animation and performance improvements in future upgrades. "One of these two is poser and one is an acrylic painting, now which is which? disregard who did the works and the subject just pick which is the poser made pic :-) " To be honest, BOTH could be made with Poser, but the one on the left just got much more attention in postwork. There's people who could do paintovers of a render and make them look as good or better than that. Yet there's people I know who work only in 3ds who can make ANIMATIONS that look as good as the one on the left too... with no postwork at all. It depends on what your outcome is to be used for, and how much time you have to do it. ;-)