Forum: Community Center

Subject: Attention

Alihahd opened this issue on Sep 16, 2000 ยท 20 posts

Xtinction posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 10:18 AM

Good Admins are hard to come by. Which is why everyone is getting a little irked and the changeing of the guard. We all know this doesnt mean the end of our good buddies J&E...just means they wont be HERE anymore acting as big brother. The new big brother is home from college and wants his room back. The new admins better be as cool and "in touch" with the people as J&E were/are. They posted to the galleries, gave their opinions in the forums, and worked their asses off to make this site great FOR the people who use it. So my request to Edgenet is this, DO NOT DO A TOTAL RENOVATION OF THIS SITE. The layout is fine, posting free stuff people have made is easy, and posting art work in the galleries is that too. By renovating the whole site (like many new owners love to do Ie: Hotmail & MSN) only makes things worse and basicly gives the previous owners the cyber finger saying you never liked what they strived so hard for. And be "hands on" with the users of the site. Dont just post to announce new things for your company or new contests to boost your company with others...shoot the $h!t with us. Give us your opinions on Barney the singing dinosaur, or tell us you dont like cheese. Thats how J&E became our buddies even though most of us have never really talked to them personally. They were PART of the group, not just the mediators saying "None of that" "Heres what we are going to do" etc. They came to us and said "Hey could we not do that please?" and "How would you all think if we did..." They based the site needs on our opinions and THAT is what makes great Admins of a site. So i say follow their lead and all the flack about the change will die down and people will love the site once more. Dont follow their lead and change everything about how the site is run, prepare for more people to chew you out. J&E dont seem to hold a grudge and i'm sure are kinda relieved that some of the workload has been lifted for a while (Take a vacation, boys. You deserve it) so prove yourself Edgenet. Show us you can do the great things J&E did. But you're not off to a great start. Deleting posts, and changing ALL the monitors of the forums to members of YOUR team is NOT a great reflection on how you plan on making this site good. It kinda says "This site is ALL us now, so conform!" To stop surfing to Renderosity is impossible for any of us...not contributing to Renderosity is quite easy. And the contributions to a site are what make the site...not hits. Remember that, next time you wanna change somthing J&E did because YOU think its better. The users of this site think its as good as it can get. You change one thing and the masses will revolt. As you can tell, i'm one of those who isnt welcoming the change of power, though i DO know it happens from time to time. But i'm a libra and i like things to stay in ballance...but am willing to give anyone a chance to prove themselves. If you've got drastic changes in the works for this site, ask first. Like so many have said "This is OUR site" so why not ASK the users for their opinions on changes to their site. Treat us like board members. Make diagrams, flow charts, speaches etc and show them to us. Then get feed back on it. If the feedback says "Hey thats great", try it out. If the feedback says "Oh go stuff it up your wazoo!", scrap the idea and go back to the drawing board. And thats what made J&E so loved here...you wanna be as cool as them, Edgenet. I know you do. ;) -X (on the recipe for a good web site)