Forum: OT

Subject: Bombs in Madrid

Estruch opened this issue on Mar 14, 2004 ยท 77 posts

marvlin posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 12:18 PM

Estruch wrote: "Why to the governors does not occur a stick them each one so that they stick and they are killed, leaving us to the rest of the Humanity peacefully? " Because then we would be governed by a person who has proven he is more violent or a bigger or stronger than his opponents. Our leaders would not be in place because of their leadership skills and their desire to do good for the people they represent they would be there because the were able to destroy their opponents through violence. The scenario you described is the exact type of world the terrorists want, where Might is right, and you don't get your own way because it is the proper thing to do and has been debated maturily, you get your own way because you killed your opponent with a big stick. Fear is a powerful weapon and can be very effective in changing peoples opinions of what is right. Indeed, even if it scares people into not publicly denouncing terrirism for fear of reprisals it has been effective. Our leaders our human just like you and I, they make mistakes just like you and I, but they are put there through democratic process, based on their policies and what they promise to do for the well being of a nation. it will be a sad day when a government is ellected because if the population didn't vote for them they would be bombed mercilessly untill they conformed to the will of the terrorists. We need to keep things in perspective and see things as they really are, think about the implications of what we say and do, more importantly what we dont say and do, because our children will be the ones to suffer tommorrow for our actions today.

i7 5930K 3.60Ghz | ASUS X99-S Motherboard | Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | NVIDIA TitanX | Antec 1000w Power supply | Windows 10 x64 Home