Forum: Bryce

Subject: Has anyone else had this problem?

Kasheera opened this issue on Sep 20, 2000 ยท 15 posts

Ironbear posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 4:52 AM

Hi Kash... I just wandered in here to get away from the flame wars... but, I finally got a figure on the photo quality test render for "Temple..." At photo quality, high settings for everthing it went from about 23 hours at standard render to 4 days, 13 hours and some odd minutes estimeated time. Major increase for the render settings difference. Thats the most equivalent scene I have to what you're trying: Lots of lights, transparency, reflections, and imported polygons. (that's on a p233mhz with 512mb of RAM) My suggestion is still to render a bit larger than your final size at standard settings, then export as a PSD, increase the res to 300dpi in photoshop, run a sharpen filter, and reduce the image to your final size... It's a cheat, but you should be able to finish the render and the image in less than 17% @ 38 hours! Thats way too slow if you want/need your 'puter for other things... Since we talked in chat I've tried this with three other files and I got pretty good image quality each time this way. Not as good as if I rendered at 300dpi, but LOTS faster. It should work... (crosses fingers and looks hopeful) Since bryce just crashed on me AGAIN on my last test render, I'm going to go re-install brye again. Guess I'll be out of the brycing biz 'till I get all my .mats reloaded... sigh Later and good luck with it. I think that's going to be a great image if we can get it done. Wish my first render had been as good, way back when.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"