Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Massive image indexing solutions?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Mar 15, 2004 ยท 10 posts

gagnonrich posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 7:56 AM

I've used Excel a bit with graphics at work and it seems more difficult than Word. Does anybody have experience with using a lot of graphics in Access? I'm not in the market for buying an expensive commercial database program because this is just a hobby. I like the idea of unzipping everything and using a thumbnail program to catch all the .png's. I wanted something more complete even though it's taking considerably more work. I've been creating thumbnails for .3ds and other files that Poser has to import. Word searches don't catch everything, so I'm putting up with the manual effort to thoroughly index everything. A word search won't find every sword if "sword" isn't in the name ("dragonslayer" is a sword, but a search wouldn't find that). A lot of zips contain items in multiple categories. A fancy package might include a character, hair, various clothing items, props, poses, lights, and all kinds of goodies. It's kind of silly trying to index everything, but it's finally becoming useful.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon