Forum: Fractals

Subject: hot 20 - 28 conspirators or one guy that found a flaw in the system?

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 16, 2004 ยท 76 posts

aeires posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 11:58 AM

I don't think the issue is whether it was moved, but what the criteria are. This isn't the only site that moves peoples works around, just probably the most lackadaisical about it. Perhaps a clearing up what constitutes what should be in the fractal gallery would clear this up. I've had some mixed media posts myself, and wondered if they were appropriately posted. As long as there was a reason given, which there was, there shouldn't be a problem with egos getting in the way. Regardless, I don't think there would have been a problem if it would have been a normal post. I agree with Rick on the subject. Because it entered the Hot 20 under scrupulous means, it received the most attention. If it was me, I wouldn't have moved it to a different gallery, I would have deleted it altogether for cheating. The whole thing infuriates me because there have been a great amount of exceptional posts this past week. Whoever owns the Hot 21 was done a tremendous disservice, not to mention all the votes for the 21st piece were stomped on because someone "hacked" the system. Jeff