Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser5 Ray Trace render times???

ravenwing75 opened this issue on Mar 17, 2004 ยท 28 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 12:31 PM

The hair room just plain sucks right now. One of the original reasons I got P5 was the hair room, but as it turns out, that's one of it's weakest points. I hate to keep mentioning 3dsMax, but there's a strand-based dynamic plugin for it called Shag Hair that's absolutely incredible. The LEARNING curve is a bit steep, but the main thing is it's collision detection works flawlessly. That's the only thing missing in P5. On the other hand, I simply LOVE P5's cloth room, and the material room is quickly proving to be extremely powerful. Now the face room - I tried it several times, with decent results. But here's the problem... I think Don's mesh is too limited to get the accurate morphs needed for excellent results. You can only push and pull the vertices in relatively limited ways, which only makes for less than satisfactory results. However, one thing I use it for is getting a BASE texture for a face, then use the resulting map output from the face room and fix it up in photoshop a little. Works good that way, but as far as making digital clones from a photo, it's not very useful.. the millenium faces would be versitile enough to come much closer than Don is capable of. I'm assumig that's really what the face room is meant for, right? Digital clones from a photo? Like FaceGen does.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.