Forum: Vue

Subject: Future?

Kurka opened this issue on Mar 18, 2004 ยท 6 posts

war2 posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 4:53 PM

i personaly hope they pull out all the plugs. vue5 needs to be a signifcant improvement over vue4, which means that part from the render farm capacity of vue4 pro and alittle less export/import functions, pretty much everything in it should be included in vue5 aswell + some aditional inprovements. why ? if not it just wont be much of an upgrade, + carrara is improving rapidly, and in pretty much the same price range. and just as the regular vue5 would need lots of improvements, so would of course the vue5 pro version need, but to me the biggest difference would be the render farm and export/import functions, thats what should differentiate the 2 apps, and nothing else. i love vue4, its to be honest the 3d app im using the most, but when comparing vue4 to vue4 pro, well if we remove the plant editor and the render farm and the export import the difference would be to small to be justified being called vue5 and doing any good. and especially if we condsider the improvements carrara is doing since im sure c4 will be around pretty much the same timeframe as vue5. so in short vue4 is a great app today, the best in its segment, but vue5 needs alot of improvements and i seriosly believe it needs a real tree editor.