Forum: Community Center

Subject: problem with gallery,hoping the mods will read

DarkElegance opened this issue on Mar 19, 2004 ยท 34 posts

dreamsosweet posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 5:42 PM

Attached Link: Copyright Overview

Tubes are a wonderful feature of PSP, and can be used for everything from enhancing an image to creating an entire image with nothing but tubes....however, copyright applies to tubes, just like it applies to everything else - you can't just see an image you like and "tube out" a chunk of it and use it in your own work or offer it on your site for download without the artist's permission....unfortunately, a great many "tubers" do not understand or respect this (even though they know better), and a lot of newbies don't realize that just because a tube is offered somewhere doesn't mean the tuber has the right to do so, or don't understand that making a tube from someone else's work doesn't give them the right to use it. As the mod of the PSP forum, I try to keep reminding people of this fact in threads every couple of months, and have written a copyright overview (linked above) that addresses this and other basic copyright rules.....but some people are going to ignore the rules no matter how many times they are told of them, and will continue to "snag" and use whatever they want. (And of course, not everyone who uses PSP visits the forum or reads the overview :-P) There *are* reputable tube sites out there (I have one myself, thank you very much, LOL) that offer ONLY original tubes, created entirely from scratch, or from confirmed public domain images....a general "rule of thumb" for good tube sites will be that the person states that the tubes are "all original work", and there aren't any tubes of characters you recognize, such as Disney, Precious Moments, WB, Pokemon, etc. Images using copyrighted tubes are dealt with just like all other copyright/TOS violations here....but since there are many, many, many images here at Rosity, and not so many mods, we depend on the members to help bring them to our attention, and appreciate it when you do! Any time you spot what you think may be a copyright violation, please IM the mod of that particular gallery (it helps if you can give some sort of reference to the original image), and it *will* be investigated by that mod and the rest of the team. As for this particular offending image, the girl *is* copyrighted - I don't remember the original artist, but I've seen this one enough to know.....and I will remove the image posthaste! I am also trying to compile a list of "reputable" tube sites, so if you know of one, PLEASE IM me with the url - thanks! dreamsosweet (or Sweet for short, LOL) PSP Moderator