Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Renderosity Store & Our Private Info

Dillinger opened this issue on Sep 21, 2000 ยท 52 posts

Syyd posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 9:38 AM

I happen to know Dillinger through Renderosity and email, and work we have done together. He was instrumental in getting people who were posting here, into screensavers that are viewed now all over the internet, he gave us a chance to get our work seen. I dont agree with the language, but obviously see an extremely angry individual, who seems pushed into a corner somehow. Never at any time, have I heard of someone being publically put on trial! Why can't this just die down, and people go their separate ways? I chose to keep the body of my art intact here at Renderosity, as I feel personally, artists have the right to post wherever they please, its about the art, and Renderosity is the largest online graphics community. Public Trial is not acceptable! If you feel you have to ban someone, it should be done privately. I am sure everyone's ire is about as up as it is going to get, but this is not the way to lead a new community. Its going to scare the hell out of everyone, so they fear ever posting to a forum again. I think you must weigh the needs of the whole, against publically flogging the one, and setting him up as a pariah to the rest of us. Fear is unhealthy. Thanks for listening, and please don't ban me, I've been here a long time. Syyd