Forum: Bryce

Subject: AAAARRRRG! My Bryce keeps crashing in render! *Snarl*

Ironbear opened this issue on Sep 21, 2000 ยท 11 posts

Stardust1234 posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:14 PM

A few months ago I posted a similar message and got laughed at. No-one had ever experienced a 'Bryce-Crash'on their pc. It's nice to see that at least I'm not the only one! In my case I'd created a scene in bryce (which was only 40 megs or so) and it crashed within a few minutes after I had pushed the Render button... Thank God I found the cause, after fooling around for a couple of days. I had created a model in rhinoceros and saved it as a obj file, then imported it into Bryce. That's when things went wrong. So I went back to Rhino and saved the model this time as a 3DS-file. And It worked, Bryce didn't crash anymore! Now I don't know who to blame here: Bryce or Rhino ( I think rhino cause I I've imported many Poser models in obj format into Bryce without a problem) So if your scene has some imported models in it, maybe convert them to another format (3DS,DXF etc.) Oh and by the way Sinv-jica /Spooky: Although we had our differences about the whole Rating/Comment thing some time ago , let's put it all behind us and look forward. It's nice to see you back and I realy enjoyed your new work in the gallery-section...nice job!