Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Public Trials???

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Sep 22, 2000 ยท 21 posts

CharlieBrown posted Fri, 22 September 2000 at 3:39 PM

LOL! But Jack, that doesn't look a THING like you. Well, maybe the hair... I think this Public Travest... er TRIAL is silly. Dillinger is very hot-headed, as has been shown repeatedly in the Complaint and Debate Forum, but this pilloring (sp? Is that a word?) is pointless. Emotions are high right now. He's hot-tempered. He was goaded by other members. If we're going to put HIM on trial, I can come up with six or seven names (probably including myself) who deserve this treatment as well. Besides, he's used profanity before, and lost his temper (just look at some of his "discussions" with Version 13 for example)... He's also done a lot to help both the community in general and some members (like Bonestructure) in particular. Banning is inexcusable, IMO. Probation MAYBE, but banning? Hell no! And, it doesn't seem that there's a way for votes to be "fair" - it looks as though I could go to the Public Trial board and post fifteen votes, just to sway the numbers... I could even create new accounts (i have two right now) just to do that. It's a damned silly idea, Edgenut. Stop the silliness - or at least, put it where it belongs, in art and on the C&D forum! :-)