Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: I hate white vans..

clay opened this issue on Mar 21, 2004 ยท 33 posts

eelie posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 1:56 PM

Days late but my input... I'm really sorry to hear this Clay. I, too, know how I would feel if it had been one of my babies. Silly brainless things, they don't understand the big metal beasties. I know what everyone means about inconsiderate folks; we have them in our neighborhood also. I made some angry with me last week but I don't care. I was driving with my mother when the infamous ball came out of nowhere across the street in front of me. I knew there'd be a kid next, so I stopped. This little girl, who fortunately had some sense and good training, was trying to get across the street to get the ball. Every time there was a slight gap in oncoming traffic, she'd make a dart for it, but would stop when they wouldn't even slow down for her. Finally, another car stopped and we sat there holding up traffic until she could get the ball and get safely back across. Folks behind me were upset but I didn't care. Now, not to be facetious, but if anyone has lost a cat, I probably have it. We average about 3 acquired strays a year. Most wander in, recoup, then wander back out but about one a year stays. If the white long-haired male, long-haired tabby female, short-haired grey with ringed tail male is your's, they're at my house. ;)