Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Improving Poser Renders (Room Models)

Dr Max opened this issue on Mar 23, 2004 ยท 14 posts

Dr Max posted Wed, 24 March 2004 at 1:11 PM

First of all, thanks for all the feedback from everyone. There are some excellent points in the replies.

As I have written the software that creates the model - I am the one who has to sort out the problems with the export to Poser! It seems from Ajax's comments (and others) that a few of my solutions need to be refined. Particularly the code that splits all the vertices to overcome shading problems and the use of double sided polygons.

ernyoka1 : What are material zones and how can they be used to make sections of the model invisible?

Other peoples comments have helped me understand how people might want to use a room in Poser. Also it nice to know I'm not the only one cursing Poser's lighting setup!

who3d : I realise that this is a support forum not a product development forum and know that some might feel my questions are inappropriate. So, thanks to everyone for their help and thank you for not getting annoyed about my questions.

who3d, your insight into the TV film approach to scenes and lighting was really useful. Many thanks for this feedback. I guess the film guys have solved a lot of similar issues.

Finally, I am glad people like the look of the room. It makes me feel that I am not wasting my time pursuing this project.

Regards - Max