Forum: Community Center

Subject: Public Trials, language - some questions

STORM3 opened this issue on Sep 22, 2000 ยท 19 posts

Ironbear posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 10:51 AM

Not speaking as a Jackite, (Heh heh, neat phrase, What's the old writers adage? Not a word but it should be?), but it seemed that one of the major concerns was/is for me at least, that if it was posted to forum it should have stayed an open topics long enough for more than a brief sampling. Who knows, a different opinion might have emerged. Or, if was going to be done that briefly than better to just handle it administratively... I know. I'm not stating anything that hasn't already been said repeatedly and with worse invective. It just seemed that for something that came up and was evidently handled in the amount of time it took for someone like me to grab a quick six.. that there wasn't time for the community to examine it and weigh the issue. What we got were knee jerk, rather than thoughtful reactions. (I'm NOT taking a shot here. There've been way too many knee jerks from all involved and I'm including myself in that.) If we are to have a voice, it needs to be a thoughtful one, with time to examine and weigh the situation and consequences... else we may as well not have one if its just limited to those who are fast off the keyboard. I'd kind of like to see that voice be from the more reasoned and cooler heads, myself. Later... Ironbear

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"