Forum: Animation

Subject: A few animations for your consideration ...

PowerRoy opened this issue on Mar 29, 2004 ยท 11 posts

PowerRoy posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 7:53 AM

Hiya fellas, ... ... and thank you! You're very generous in your comments, and I certainly appreciate it! Steve -- I'll check out that soundtrack. I've been meaning (forever) to re-capture the "Santa's Gold" and "Giant Leap" animations from the master videotapes (all were originally rendered for NTSC playback). These old MPEGS are years old, and, if I could FIND my original masters, I think I'd re-cap them and convert to Windows Streaming format. Thanks for your feedback! BrainMuffin -- no need to apologize for the Jetson's reference. With a name like "Roy", I've had more nicknames over the years than you wanna know about! I spent months on the Santa animation, and I don't know anything about ice skating! For reference, I videotaped a number of olympic skaters from the T.V., and cut-and-pasted parts of several routines together to get the basic timing and speed references for Santa's moves. And yeah, the Space Elevator piece is essentially a corporate product promo piece, and the "retro" look stems from ... trying to make a very futuristic concept look ... "simple", and basic (the "climber" really will be light-weight and almost "spindly" in nature). By the way, I also wrote the script, recorded the voice talent, and mixed the audio track on that piece (and the others). The audio track is really what drives the pace of the animation. After the anchor-station fly-around, the rest was done primarily with After Effects -- I had run out of time, and so I had to alter my planned ending, and ended up with what you see. I'm working on a follow-up piece for the upcoming Space Elevator Conference in Washington D.C. this summer, and when I get that done, I'll be sure to make a mention of it here on this board somewhere. Thanks again, for taking the time to look, and for all your comments and suggestions -- I appreciates ya all! --Roy