Forum: Community Center

Subject: Public Trials, language - some questions

STORM3 opened this issue on Sep 22, 2000 ยท 19 posts

DRIV posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 10:17 PM

My Friend Bear Who I Hold In High Regard, And Tim.. "I think the goal has to be to make this a place where the majority of the people feel comfortable and know they will not be subjected to insults or foul language just for having an opinion or question." "There certainly are Jackites in the mix that will cause trouble for any reason and we have attempted to even let their voices be heard as long as it didn't become personal attacks or vulgarities." First Tim I'm Not Trying To Dredge Things Up Again, However, I Can;t Help But Point Out Facts Here. The People Like Twoblade Who Asked Questions Were Berated, Belittled, Personally Attacked, And Swore At. Yet, You Seem To Overlook This And Claim That "Jackites" Where The Ones To Blame. Funny, I Challenge You To Post The Messages In Order. Granted, My Part Started With Picking Apart Your Summary. Which Gained Me Many Attacks From "Edgers". Still None Of The Issues I Scrutinized Have Been Answered. Instead We Have Dillinger On Trial, And THose That Went Around Swearing Left And Right ANd Making Personal Attacks On Myself And Other People Here, Going Away Clean Handed. Sorry, But That's Hardly Fair. I'm Not Condoning What Dillinger Did At All. However, If You Are Going To Make Such Statements And Honestly Intend Them, They Should Cover Everyone. I Don't Think It's Really Fair To Single Out "Jackites" When Myself Would Be The Major "Jackite" In Your Eyes,When There Were Around 5 Or So "Edgers" Attacking And Slandering And Swearing At Others? ScottA, Virus, Bast, Wallflower, Trimax (Who I Have Made Up With And We'll Be Doing Coffee On Thursday). I THink The Witchhunt Is a Travesty Really. Just My Opinion, But The Least You Could Do To Show Good Faith Is Be Fair. This Just Isn't. Bear, You Know You Were My First Buddy On Here And I Hold You In Highest Regard, However, I Just Can't See How You Agree With Jeff On The Personal Attack Issues When Most Of The "Edgers" Started Such. The Proof was There for Anyone That Read It. Again, I'm Not Trying To Rake The Muck, But I Can't Let Such Vague Blanket Statements Go Said Without The Facts being Brought Up. Thanks For Allowing This "Jackite" His Free Thinking Opinion.