Forum: Community Center

Subject: Public Trials, language - some questions

STORM3 opened this issue on Sep 22, 2000 ยท 19 posts

Ironbear posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 11:01 PM

Sorry, Driv (and by the way, thanks, you and Paul were among my first friends here too... I'll always value that and hold the same regard), I posted that one day when I was in a hurry and didn't have time to expand upon it... And I still agree with the sentiment. No matter who says it. There have been way too many personal attacks here on both sides. At a certain point, it seems to me to cease to matter who made the first one or wether the last was a response or a new salvo. In many cases, its my friends out here taking strips off of each other. In other cases, its enemies making deadlier enemies out of each other. I log in and the things I read just make me want to bang my head on my monitor and say: Guys, jeeze... Hey, I'm a Jackite, not an Edgite or whatever the hell you wan't to call it. But I've been doing my best not to make attacks, or add kerosene to the fire. No matter who starts the particular flame. No matter which site I'm posting on. I'm not always sucessful, because the things I see make me mad, or hurt, or sometimes make me want to scream, and they've been said on both sides of this. I still live here, and I remember the old old saying... don't crap where you eat. When I fail in the effort to not add to the venom, it makes me sadder. A little on where I come from on this... I grew up on the streets of west Dallas. We do this there too. We called it trading cuts... now it's Dissing or whatever the current word is. Before that it was playing the dozens... When its done between friends its fun and funny. We go away and get together to play again the next day. When the people involved aren't friends... the guns come out and the loser goes away on a stretcher. That's how the big boys play it in the streets. Not with e-messages on the screen, but with real bullets. And real blood. I'm tired and I don't want to play the dozens here. I'm hoping that this never gets to the point that it's for keeps. I'm in the middle, and I'll be one of the first cut down by a stray round. And I also hope that this time I elaborated my statement enough. I just said all I want to say here, and I don't intend to rehash. Enough?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"