Forum: Animation

Subject: My Current Demo Reel

brainmuffin opened this issue on Mar 30, 2004 ยท 4 posts

PowerRoy posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:09 AM

Hiya Brainmuffin ... ... and thanks! ... for sharing your demo reel! Very nice work -- looks like you've been studying some character animation concepts! I think I liked the little green guy the best -- very nice job on his movements. Very good job on the horse, too (that's gotta be tough -- I haven't tried any 4-legged critters yet!). The ninja / fighting scenes were good, too. All in all, you've got some very nice pieces strung together there. Thanks again, very much, for sharing them. You didn't ask for crits, so I won't offer any, but I will make one small suggestion ... ... consider putting some background music on your reel. Anything. It's just a personal preference of my own, but for me, video or animation without sound somehow just seems ... incomplete. I find that a music track helps "glue together" all those bits and pieces in a project like this. But, that is only my own personal opinion -- you've got some great stuff going there, so, above all ... think for yourself, and do what YOU think works best! Again, great job, man -- very, very nice work! And keep us posted as you make more!