Forum: Community Center

Subject: new gallery genre - "tutorial" ?

Varian opened this issue on Apr 01, 2004 ยท 34 posts

Varian posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 1:40 PM

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting a new gallery category, but a new gallery genre. So that you can upload as usual to (say) Vue d'Esprit gallery, but instead of picking a genre like "animals", you could pick "tutorial" or "demonstration", which would be a more appropriate label. The quick, sponaneous tute-type tips&tech images such as the examples I linked to are already in (and being added to) the galleries; it's just difficult to locate them unless you happen to come across them. A "tutorial" gallery category (alongside the software categories) would not help label these items as per their software. There are artists now who add their mini-tutes to the "Work In Progress" category, for instance, but you can't tell by a glance what software it might be related to. I think the same problem would arise with a "tutorial forum"; most of the forums currently have spontaneous tutorial display within their threads; I wouldn't want to mash them all together into a new forum to try to cover all programs. I enjoy the demo-stuff as linked above, and just think a new genre would help classify them on upload and for later searches. I hope the PTB will consider it.