Forum: Community Center

Subject: new gallery genre - "tutorial" ?

Varian opened this issue on Apr 01, 2004 ยท 34 posts

MiKo0 posted Sat, 03 April 2004 at 2:16 PM

Thank you Varian for the heads up on this subject.. Having posted one of the above mentioned tutorials, listed in the first post of this topic. I do feel as is the idea being laid down here, that a tutorial genre would and could be beneficial to viewers/visitors of the galleries. If we had the chance as Varian is outlining, it would give people an easier opportunity to pick up those tips, and techniques specific to the chosen genre of work they are viewing (2D, Vue, Poser and so forth), rather than the post being made just in the galleries in the hope that people can find it. I know for one that Poser gallery gets pretty swamped most of the time, and a post will buried in no time. Of course, which would probably lead to a fair few number of people missing out on the tutorial post(unless word of mouth alerted them to it). Especially those who are on dial-up (myself included) It is sometimes difficult to browse through pages and pages at a time. And most of the time I browse via the different genre's to make life easier. I don't think it would be difficult to impliment, it would just be a case of adding another genre selection into the upload drop down menu. Thus providing, the chance for people to browse posts easier, without having to wade through pages and pages to find the buried post! Even if people didn't use it much, having it as a selection in the drop down would therefore not require a whole new gallery section to be coded/built.. Just my 2cents worth :) Mike