Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: bad setup

ming opened this issue on Mar 27, 2004 ยท 34 posts

rbtwhiz posted Sun, 04 April 2004 at 7:42 PM

Having been informed that Shoshanna removed the posts (as stated above, and in IM), I offer my apology to Michael for suggesting that it was he who deleted them. In any event, without the posts, or summary of those posts, the responses seem disconnected. There was no need to ever have gone there... but it did, at my expense. Just wanted the facts for those reading, so that in developing their opinions of the events, they have adequate information to base those opinions on, in so much as this thread is concerned. MachineClaw (I'd use Robert, but it feels like I'm talking to myself ;)), Along with other bug fixes and the like, we have begun to work on the interface. Part of that work includes saving/loading the layout of panes/tabs... customization. Right now, you can drag tabs between panes, you can resize the panes themselves, you can dock/undock panes, you can hide/show panes, some tools can be can be hidden/shown... and that provides a degree of customization already, but it will be better utilized when saving/loading of layout is in place. Another thing that will help with regard to work flow is once more of the keyboard shortcuts are in place... at first there will be pre-defined keystrokes, but our aim is to provide a way for the user to define/re-define what keys do what... Yes, I'm on the development team, and it feels great to contribute as I do, but make no mistake... I'm a user at heart, which I tend to think is a good thing. I was on that side of the fence before I was on this side. I want what a lot of people want. I've paid attention to what people have said they wanted, and I've kept that in mind as we've built the spec. We're far from done. -Rob