Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Kozaburo and Quarker...

SKondris opened this issue on Apr 09, 2004 ยท 61 posts

maclean posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 10:01 AM

I can understand everyone hoping that kozaburo will continue to make his fantastic hair available for free. But if he did decide to start selling it, could we honestly and truly complain about it? Up until now, he's given this community, without a doubt, the highest quality hair around for free. Who could blame him if he wanted to sell it? As for selling it through DAZ. Well, first of all, almost everyone in this thread has jumped to the unwarranted conclusion that DAZ are somehow trying to 'tempt' kozaburo into becoming a commercial money-grabbing enterprise (How DARE he make money! The very IDEA!!). I see NO evidence whatsoever to support that assumption. Secondly, what if he did broker through DAZ? Is that somehow worse than him selling through his own site? You all seem to assume that a) DAZ sets the prices for the brokers (untrue), and that b) these prices would be higher than what the broker would normally ask (also untrue). If DAZ were to buy his products outright, then they could set their own prices. So, are you all going to tell me that DAZ have wildly overcharged on Vicki and Mike? I don't think so. Some people seem to forget recent history very quickly. DAZ was one of the main reasons we poser users made the leap in quality from Posette to Vicki. If it was up to CL, we'd all be using Judy today. Think about it.... mac