Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Modular house WIP

Questor opened this issue on Dec 18, 2002 ยท 46 posts

Dr Max posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 2:39 PM

Ah - I have been doing a search and have come across this old thread. Hopefully it's not so old that no one will reply!

I am in the process of creating some room 'figures' for Poser and am trying to work out the best method of getting some feedback before I release any products. Examples of some of the geometry I have created can be found in my gallery and an example obj model created a while ago can be downloaded from my freestuff area.

Now, I would really welcome some feedback on what I have done / am doing. However, placing something in the freestuff area results in loads of downloads but no feedback - which is great for others, but not so helpful for me when I want to know what's good / bad / missing. Given this, I have decided that a better idea is to give some free examples to a few users who are prepared to give me some feedback in return.

Out of interest, the geometry for the rooms is created in a Poser compatible format automatically by my own room modelling and creation tool. I have spent a few years working hard to make the rooms as realistic and detailed as possible and also, more recently, working at overcoming the limitations of Poser's render engine (arrgh!). The advantage of all this hard work is that I can now create detailed, Poser compatible rooms very quickly (within the limits of the engine). However, I need help to learn what people want, what is good about the output and what is bad. (Unfortunately, the software is very user unfriendly and can therefore only be used by me - but the results are what most people would be interested in)

Finally, I agree with the other comments made here. Lighting scenes in Poser is not easy. The lights and shadows are hard to control - however, I suspect many people pose stuff it Poser and then render elsewhere.

Comments / ideas appreciated.

Regards,

Max