Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: VistaPro Postcard Contest

roninthetall opened this issue on Apr 16, 2004 ยท 5 posts

roninthetall posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 11:10 PM

Attached Link: Ah... the shades people see...

Hey Carolly,

hehehe... well, I can certainly see how some one who is not familiar with our community, company, or development team could view the PostCard contest like this.

:Shrug:

However, I will admit, and I think I stated pretty clearly in the web site, that this was to give our art team a break. So, in that effect, you are partially right. A very small part. But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Fact is, there are quite a few people in this world that like to see their names in print and their artwork shared with thousands of people. We saw an opportunity to build on VistaPros' long history of customer involvement and we are taking it.

But, I can honor you not desiring to share.

:Shrug:

As for the copyright issues, if you had read further in the site, you would have seen that we do not assume any copyright on any of the artwork that is posted there. It is all retained by the artists.

When we find an artist we think has some really cool artwork to share, then we email them an ASK for permission. If they say no, then that is just fine. See, it is an honor system. Something our company values; honor.

As for people rendering and submitting art, VistaPro has a long and rich history of using art developed by our customers. We believe it is the best way to showcase the software. With real people sharing their work and not glamming up the product with slick marketing artists ;)

Now, I am sure you can take this all as self serving clap trap. I can't really help that. All I can say is that we are not spinning, or slicking up, anything here. We are just a group of developers in love with our software and looking to share all aspects of it with our community.

:Smile:

Believe it or not.