Forum: Photoshop

Subject: rgb and cymk

reddragon opened this issue on Apr 21, 2004 ยท 8 posts

flip posted Wed, 28 April 2004 at 3:54 PM

you're not out of luck, you just have a client out of hand. you have to be specific and tell your client (or their wife) that that specific color can be achieved via spot that will add to his usage costs. Good design never relies upon color to get the point across. Professional logo's have to all function well in b/w, one color as well whatever color set the client's wife may be hung up upon. they should also be in a vector format for universality. When working within RGB a good designer will always be thinking of terms of final use. in this case the piece seems to be relying upon color for it's impact vs the positive forms of the spiral just my 2 the arms of the spiral are far too lanky to make it useable. why are you trying to design this in a 3D app? all reflective hotspots will be lost when this reduced in size. Willf, Professionally speaking, I always work on my process color projects within the RGB mode in photoshop so that I can use my filters and get my layers to function properly. IF you need to check to see what falls outside of the CMYK gamit you should use your CMYK preview to check your work.