Forum: Photoshop

Subject: rgb and cymk

reddragon opened this issue on Apr 21, 2004 ยท 8 posts

flip posted Thu, 29 April 2004 at 5:48 PM

"The colours were done in rgb first coz thats what the client wanted as they said that was what was required"

Well, that would have still sent up a red flag in my book.
RGB mode files must be converted in some manner for real world use.

Since when have the clients known anything about what's really required?

They're coming to you because they need expertise (charge them accordingly if you're a expert, pass the job to another, if you're not!!! ) I take all such directives with a few grains of salt. If the clients actually knew what they wanted they would be able to do it all without professional involvement.

It's just that most business people are "A-Type" personalities and have to at least have the illusion of control. Entertain that illusion but also be able to have total control over what' s going on. Otherwise, they'll just make more problems for you then you'll be able to deal with. The designer should be in charge when it comes to design and implementation - period!
Also, if you're creating branding (like logos) you should have a proper printing background to realize that the they're out of CMYK, what that means in terms of usability, transformation and that you'll need a proper vector file .... But, I figure you'll find that out sooner or later via hard knocks.