Forum: Photography

Subject: Image Presentation

MrMichael opened this issue on May 05, 2004 ยท 13 posts

sabretalon posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 3:04 AM

I like the last one, the bevel is smaller and more of a mount. My eye now views it as a picture in a mount straight away rather than my mind having to work it out like in the first one. I suppose your next decision is, what colour background you are going to use on your pages? When doing mounts for competitions etc.. in the UK the mount has to be a minimum of 2 inches on left, right and top. The lower part needs to be bigger than the others, so if you had 2 inches on the 3 then you would have 2.5 - 3 inches on the lower one. Apparently it looks amateurish if all the borders of the mount are the same size. This only matters in competitions because believe it or not a judge will judge the image with the mount and not just the image. For presenting the image to people for them to either buy or just view I would use a mount the is the same all round. In general, I think that buyers of art and photography are looking for something that is different and your mount can help. It is more accepted to have borders etc.. on your prints for general use but not that much so within competitions etc.. in the UK, don't know about the states? I personally like the frames/borders included with the image even if you are mounting the image. It is much improved on your first and does work well with the image content.