Forum: Carrara

Subject: Best 3d card for 3d/Carrara modeling

Zhukov opened this issue on Oct 06, 2000 ยท 13 posts

Tephladon posted Sun, 08 October 2000 at 3:29 AM

Yeah you can run about anything on an 800mhz P3. Actually I got my info from CGW. Several companies are testing the dual Athlon there are some real chipset issues there. I really don't know the in's and out of industry, that is just what I read so go easy on the messenger. RDRAM a joke. HEHEHEHEH that is funny. Do you know how much I hear that from people whom are not in the professional market. Well here was the lowdown that I was given about RDRAM. A nascar driver will make extreme changes to his car and engine just to shave 1/2 off his lap time. That 1/2 second will make little difference with only one lap but with 200, that is where the payoff lies. The same goes for RDRAM. A 16 to 20 production render will make little difference but when you are getting into a week or more of rendering, oh yes, then the RDRAM is starting to payoff because that overall 3-7% is steadily increasing with the more time it takes to render. So you are picking up a modest 5% per hour. Well over 200 hours has gone by and multiply that 5% by the amount of hours you have spent rendering. Big difference huh! It amazes me how most people fail to see that.