Forum: Community Center

Subject: The OT forum has been closed down

Spike opened this issue on May 09, 2004 ยท 112 posts

bonestructure posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 12:21 PM

"We hope you all understand why we had to close it down." No, I don't understand. As far as I can see this was one of the most boneheaded moves this site has ever made. My health keeps getting worse and worse. I don't expect to live much longer without something changing radically. The OT forum was one of the very few joys in my miserable life, where I could express myself, be a little funny, connect with my extended family of friends and even ask for help. Taking this small joy away rips a huge hole in my heart. I'm extremely angry, and no matter what you say, there was NO justification for this. It's just plain WRONG. A few people acted badly, so in your judgement, EVERYONE has to suffer bewcause you're not competent to do your job and monitor things. What, did an advertiser object because many of us don't like Bush? Or because we're not all politically correct? This is just flat WRONG, and it's the single worst thing this site's admins have ever done. In a very very hard time for me, this takes away a little more of my will to live. OT was one of the few joys of my life, and an important part of my day. I'm one of the oldest members of this 'community' having been around for years. This, to me, is unconscionable censorship, plain and simple, and will be the wedge that will destroy this site as a community.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.