Forum: Community Center

Subject: The OT forum has been closed down

Spike opened this issue on May 09, 2004 ยท 112 posts

BDC posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:18 PM

"86. Re: The OT forum has been closed down by kawecki on 5/10/04 12:48 Before this post is locked or deleted: Stupid and ignorant religious fanatics that try to call themselves as "Christians" cannot tolerate FREEDOM, you must be a stupid and ignorant sheep following your stupid and ignorant Pastor, nothing more!" For those who are here obviously wondering why the ot forum is closed now, I suspect it had everything to do with posts such as this one. Some people thought it was ok, to make clear attacks on anyone who believes in a certain faith, or religion, such as the one above, and then wanted to run around claiming how unfair they are being treated because they simply disagree with the religion or any religion of any kind. And then got banned. To that I would point out, that interestingly enough I have yet to see anyone of the Christians who come here, calling any of the athiests, any kind of names such as the above qouted post does. So if some of you want to lay some blame on anyone, for the OT's closure, I suggest you point the finger sqaurely at those who made posts such as the one I have qouted above. Some wanted too make posts such as the one qouted above and then claim, "its just my opinion" or, "I just disagree with any kind of religion." or some other excuse for it. Well the above qouted post is NOT disagreement, its name calling. Period. As not only myself, but several other members, have tried to point out to some, repeatedly, you can disagree with a person's religous views, all day long till the cows come home, we all have that right. YOU DO NOT however have the right to insult an entire religion by calling it, and its members names such as the above qouted post does.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell