Forum: Community Center

Subject: and The Taven

Kate opened this issue on May 10, 2004 ยท 18 posts

dialyn posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 5:10 PM

for the silly things that can serve to amuse. OT wasn't always about bashing. Sometimes it had whimsical things like the "Where Have I Been" site for tracking money. I know it's useless, but sometimes it was fun to have a place where there was an amusement or something funny or something unusual posted. I skipped past all the smoking threads after awhile...I knew it would be the same old thing...but I looked for those fascinating gems of trivia. And now they won't exist as a reminder that we tend to take ourselves way too seriously. Oh well. I'm not into blaming the site administrators for these things happening. I think the community needs to look at itself once in awhile and say maybe we go too far. Expressing an opinion is one thing. Driving another point into a person's heart is another. And I speak as a person who has both driven and been driven. I nearly left the site at one point because of harassment. And then I decided, it wasn't worth it to me. So now I ignore some people, and I treasure others, and I will miss the ones who shared the funny and odd stuff. :(