Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can a new Poser character become successful?

gagnonrich opened this issue on May 11, 2004 ยท 50 posts

MachineClaw posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 6:59 PM

What do you need in a human model? what would you need a new human model to do, look like, and what kind of support would you like? With all the Daz models I could make a decent GQ mag or a Vogue mag, but I'd be hard pressed to make a everyday scene with 20 people on a NY street scene with them. You know, black men and women, asian, indian, etc etc. but that stuff does not sell in the poser market places. For me better joints and bending of arms and knees, shoulders those are the things I look for in newer models. Support is also a big issue. If your just talking about human models that are not Daz and how to get away from Daz models, well a modeler would need a lot of clothing creators support and the various markets to adopt the model. For clothing creators it's about selling and what sells right now is clothing for the Daz models. Doesn't mean that someone couldn't do it, just would be very hard to compete with the biggest producer of human figures. A human model that wasn't producted by Daz could do very well just hasn't happened yet. Oh and the Poser 4 models? yeah those are Zygote, and the Poser 5 models? yeah those are reworked Poser 4 models with some help from the clothing makers at RuntimeDNA and a few others. It is kinda funny if you think about it, Poser human models were made by Zygote, people left Zygote and started Daz and create poser figures. In a sence you could say that almost all the human figures are or were built by Daz. Boils down to what do ya need in a new human model. Oh and Daz IS listening, their new human steph male is coming. Dodger has Puck, Elle is out now, there is a male over at 3d commune, Anton has Maximus if he decides to release him. Clothing converter will help, and as more and more people learn to model they will support what they like to use, look at Mayadoll.