Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can a new Poser character become successful?

gagnonrich opened this issue on May 11, 2004 ยท 50 posts

elektra posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 7:11 PM

The only reason I don't use Koshini so much is because there is no decent "warrior" outfits out there for her. I haven't seen one that suited my tastes for her (I know there are some out there.) I've played around with a few pieces with the "fifi" stuff, and they are beautiful, but I was looking for more fantasy stuff. I agree that DAZ seems to be "it". But, if a really well done new figure(s) were to come along, there could be some competition. Yes, the one of the things that will be important would be it's compatiblity with existing content would be the second most important thing. Price, I feel, would be the first. Is the price competitive? If a manikin were made to work with The Tailor, plus you do have the new clothes converter, a market does exist. However, you're not just competing with DAZ on that level. You do have the Platinum Club and the benefits of that to deal with. I think time will tell; depending upon if DAZ continues to make this small mistakes that seem to be plaguing them of late, how the new figures are released and supported, and how will they mesh with what already exisits in the marketplace.