Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can a new Poser character become successful?

gagnonrich opened this issue on May 11, 2004 ยท 50 posts

pdxjims posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 9:30 PM

If it's good enough. A good human figure that has a lot of morphs could do very well. It all comes down to variation. I'd love to see another good male figure. Heck, I'd settle for another female figure. There have been other semi-successful figures, other than Daz. Ragbash was pretty popular for a while. Dacort's women have a unique charm. They failed in that they didn't have 3rd party support from day 1, and good marketing. I see a new human figure with about the same number of polygons as the unimesh, with a complete set of morphs on par with the Daz figures, and a large and varied group of 3rd party artists committed to making clothing and textures. It's not the kind of thing a single person can do by themselves. It'd take a team effort from the start. rDNA could pull it off, I think. Or possibly a group from one if the more organized broker sites (PP maybe). I'd love to see an Anton figure, Catherina and StefyZZ and Quim textures, Capice's morphs, and cloths by a number of different modelers done. Throw in Dodger, Nerd, and PhilC for more innovation and ideas. Then, continuing on with more variations as to age and sex, a complete line. The biggest hurdle is the need for a project leader that can manage something of this type, with all the creative personalities involved. I think the ex-evil overlord (lady) Lyrra could probably do it. I know I'd do almost anything for her. Finally, Steve Shanks. Poserworld is the best bellweather of something being successful. Steve is the fastest and one of the best clothing and scene modelers, period. If something is going to succeed, Poserworld has to be making stuff for it. It's possible. Any volunteers? I'll do the leather clothing.