Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can a new Poser character become successful?

gagnonrich opened this issue on May 11, 2004 ยท 50 posts

elektra posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 8:15 AM

Actually, they dont. They were built with the concept in mind that the user would tailor the figure to suit his/her own tastes, which means a certain degree of blandness to start with. But both posette and the dork have enormous possibilities by applying a few face morphs and some decent texturing -- problem is, you have to work at it a little to make it happen. And most Poser users appear to have serious trouble with that idea.<< You left off this part of my post - I've never bothered with them because most of the content I own is for Mike and Vicky. And like many others, I have a lot invested in those figures. I'm not going to toss that type of an investment away - which also plays heavily into it. I had Poser 3 and 4 and PP before 5. The bulk of the content I own supports the Millenium figures. There was no content available for Don/Judy when 5 first came out and if I wanted to do images, I was not going to use models that I didn't have clothing items for. I don't know how to do textures, nor do I know how to model clothing, so Don/Judy are useless to me and IMO they suck. And that is just a matter of opinion. To you they don't suck. I also agree, it would take more than one person, someone who is very organized, to band together a group of modelers and texture artists and they would have to put out some amazing content. If there is enough support for it, then I think someone could compete with DAZ.