Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Can a new Poser character become successful?

gagnonrich opened this issue on May 11, 2004 ยท 50 posts

Jim Burton posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 8:34 PM

"There are places where DAZ has left gaping holes in their marketing. Low res Game quality figures, or background figures are really needed." I actually have some ultra-low res Poser figures, the one shown is the only one fully finished, but there are others (including a guy) in various stages of completion. They are probably going to remain unfinished though, unless I do them up as Free-stuff (and the texture shown can't be given away with them), because actually there doesn't seem to be any real intrest in this kind of figure from most Poser users. All the rage is hi-res, as much as your computer can bear. ;-) Incidently, I think the state of the art has advanced to the point where it would be extreamly unlikely that any single person could come up with a rival to V3, as the amount of work required boggles the mind, think of all those morphs, not to mention the JCM. You would have to devote months and months (maybe years) to him/her, then it still wouldn't sell unless you had clothing to fit the figure for release at the same time.